Conditions and procedures for ensuring the quality of in-service training programs
The Academy uses and implements innovative program-methodological and organizational solutions such as conducting classes based on proprietary materials (multimedia presentations, task databases, code repositories). The academy also uses modern equipment to conduct theoretical and practical classes (multimedia projectors).
The academy monitors the quality of trainings by systematically assessing the trainers, using the Google Forms tool. The analysis of surveys shows whether there are people in a given group who need, for example, additional tasks or additional meetings with the teacher. Tests are also organized in order to check the knowledge of students, on the basis of which students are able to assess their shortcomings. By monitoring progress, the academy is able to correct current activities and improve them. Each group has a dedicated Project (course) Coordinator who is responsible for the daily communication with the group during working days (Monday-Friday).
Another element of quality control are Evaluation Meetings with the group, during which their overall satisfaction with the course is verified. In order to facilitate communication with the group, students get access to the Information Packages, which contain the most important information about the course and the teaching plan. Moreover, students get access to the online library with the presentations, tasks and code repository.
The academy develops and implements programs to improve the quality of education. Classes are conducted mostly in practical form, which allows you to better master programming skills.
Conditions and procedures for quality assurance of in-service training providers
About the training providers
The employed staff has appropriate professional qualifications, taking into account the following criteria:
– specialized courses completed.
Most trainers have obtained higherI education in Information technologies, partly supported with specialized courses. In order to attract specialists for the trainings, the Academy conducts extensive recruitment activities and cooperates with IT companies. All specialists have extensive professional experience, which allows conducting effective practical classes for training participants.
Quality assurance for the training providers
Training providers evaluation is conducted systematically via electronic surveys and evaluation meetings. Trainers are evaluated after each completed thematic block with a given group. They are prepared on the basis of anonymous surveys among the participants of a given training. General evaluation summary and feedback is prepared by the Project Coordinator, forwarded to the Trainers Recruitment Department and to the trainer via e-mail. All evaluations are attached and noted in the training schedules internally, so Trainers Recruitment Team and Project Coordinators could have access to it.
A trainer’s evaluation is conducted on a scale from 1 to 5 and includes such aspects as:
- – substantive preparation for classes;
- – ability to transfer knowledge;
- – contact with participants;
- – support in solving problems;
The Academy monitors the quality of conducted trainings by systematically assessing trainers, using the Google Forms tool. The analysis of surveys shows whether there are people in a given group who need more attention, for example, additional tasks or additional meetings with the teacher. Tests are also organized in order to check the knowledge of students, based on that students are able to assess their shortcomings
Trainers Department and Technical leaders are involved into the evaluation summary analysis and communication with trainers. The grades are monitored constantly and aim to summarize training sessions and provide suggestions for further work and improvements.
Conditions and procedures for ensuring the quality of the learning environment
The Academy is renting the external training rooms for the classes. The basic requirements for the rooms while booking it, are the following:
- Minimum 40-45 m2
- Number of seats up to 18 seats + the trainer
- Internet: min. DL 10Mb/s UL 6Mb/s,
- Equipment multimedia projector (HDMI/VGA/adapter for a MacBook), internet network flipchart or a whiteboard, markers, cables and adapters
The training rooms have central heating,and both natural and artificial light, provide comfort at work and meet the requirements of occupational health and safety. The sanitary facilities are running, hot and cold water. The administration of buildings systematically reviews sanitary equipment and devices. Escape routes are described in accordance with the regulations.
Students also have the opportunity to visit cafes and shops nearby the building during the lunch break. SDA has no accommodation offer. However, if there is a need to provide the information regarding the accommodation, SDA can provide information about the options nearby.
In some cases, such as renting an accommodation for the trainers, SDA covers the costs.
In addition, SDA uses the education process: films / tutorials, multimedia presentations and webinars. The didactic base is systematically modernized in accordance with the needs of our clients.
Procedures for collecting feedback
The Academy evaluates the courses on every educational program.
- The first evaluation element are cyclical surveys assessing the work of trainers. Survey is analyzed and summaries are prepared for the trainer.
- The second form is evaluation meetings with students and the Project Coordinator, which are conducted without a trainer. These are cyclical meetings (in class or online) aimed at examining the group’s satisfaction. Project Coordinator prepares a summary containing general information on the organization of the course, trainers, as well as assessing the satisfaction level of training on a scale of 1 to 5. Forms: evaluation meetings, evaluation webinars, evaluation surveys and NPS surveys. The coordinator of the training group is responsible for conducting and summarizing the results of the evaluation meeting.The coordinator provides information to the Operations Team, Technical Team, Trainers Recruitment Department. The results are collated within a week of the day it was carried out. The Academy, based on the results of evaluation, improves the curriculum and organization of education.